03 Feb Women’s History Month Career Mastered Award Honorees Announced
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: LaTanya Orr
Women’s History Month Career Mastered Award Honorees Announced
- Outstanding Women Achievers in Competitive Fields Selected
- Congresswoman Alma Adams Living Legend Honoree
- Honorees Exceptional Role Models of What a Woman Can Do
Charlotte – (February 3, 2016) – The Career Mastered Awards announced today that the Honorable Congresswoman Alma Adams has been selected as the 2016 Women’s History Month Career Mastered Leadership in Action “Living Legend.” This year’s honorees will be celebrated on March 1 at the Charlotte City Club in Charlotte, North Carolina beginning with the VIP Gallery Reception at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Leadership in Action Awards ceremony at 6:00 p.m.
Each year, Linwick & Associates, LLC in conjunction with its sponsors celebrate the achievement of women who have made a compelling mark on business. In its Inaugural year in North Carolina, honorees represent powerful women across diverse industries and disciplines. These women leaders are Game Changers who have mastered their work and have learned the necessary steps to move ahead and build successful careers. The honorees are exceptionally strong role models of what a woman can do.
The Career Mastered Class of 2016 honorees are:
- Honorable Alma Adams, Congresswoman
- Cathy Bessant, Chief Operations & Technology Officer, Bank of America
- Diana Canty, Vice President Store Operations, Macy’s South Park
- Dena Diorio, County Manager, Mecklenburg
- Georgette (Gigi) Dixon, SVP & Director National Strategic Partnership, Wells Fargo
- Joan Higginbotham, Former Astronaut, NASA Engineer
- Linda Hudson, Chairman & CEO, The Cardea Group
- Tiffani Jones, MD, Novant Health Providence Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Kara Lembo, DDS, Lembo-Montgomery Cosmetic & Family Dentistry
- Jacqie McWilliams, Commissioner, Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA)
- Dr. Lindsay Montgomery, DDS, Lembo-Montgomery Cosmetic & Family Dentistry
- Kerry Barr O’Connor, Executive Director, Dress for Success Charlotte
- Lisa Qualls, Commissioner, Town of Mooresville
- Honorable Jennifer Roberts, Mayor City of Charlotte
- Ana Maria Varon-Bonell, Executive Producer Capitol Broadcasting Company FOX-WRAL Joyce Waddell, State Senator District 40
- Regina Wharton, Senior Vice President HR Director, Fifth Third Bank
- Kyla Brown, Youth Entrepreneur Rising Star
- Skyla Brown, Youth Entrepreneur Rising Star
About Career Mastered Awards
The Career Mastered Awards is the leading Women’s History Month Award in North Carolina honoring today’s women leaders who are Game Changers who take charge of their careers and their futures. The Award honors amazing women who have made a compelling mark on business and are exceptionally strong role models of what a woman can do. Established and presented in 2015 by Linwick & Associates, LLC. Career Mastered Awards celebrates and acknowledges the victories, challenges, and stories of the women who have helped to make our country what it is today.
The Awards Ceremony is not just an event for women. The event celebrates the joint effort of women and men collaboratively working together to improve the communities in which we live. Proceeds from this program are donated to Excel Village non-profit organization whose mission is to work with youth to create winning futures through career planning. Held in both Charlotte North Carolina and Detroit, Michigan, 2016 Sponsors and Partners include: Fifth Third Bank, dbusiness by Hour Media, Macy’s, Charlotte Observer, South Park Magazine, Lake Norman Magazine, Uptown Professional Magazine, Stopit Pro for the Workplace, Woodhouse Day Spa, Clark Hill PLC, Wayne State University, Detroit Historical Society, Michigan Women’s Historical Center and Hall of Fame and Beasley Media Group WBAV, V101.9FM and WKQC, K104.7FM.
About Linwick & Associates, LLC
Linwick & Associates, LLC is a global human resources consultant firm with offices in Metropolitan Detroit and Charlotte, NC. The mission of the company is to create organizational value through people. Its Founder, Dr. Lisa J. Wicker is internationally recognized as a leader in human resources management with more than 30 years’ experience in organizational dynamics and change management across Fortune 500 Companies and Industries. She has been recognized by the Detroit News as one of the most successful women in Detroit. Corp! Magazine recognized her as top Diversity Leader in Michigan, Black Enterprise recognized her as a leading Diversity Champion in America, The Michigan Chronicle dubbed her a Trailblazer and Uptown Professional Magazine named her one of America’s top executives.
To join the conversation:
Website: www.careermastered.com Facebook: facebook.com/drlisawicker Twitter: @lindsaywicker